As a child’s first foray into formal education, primary school plays a crucial role in shaping their attitude towards learning. While academic achievement is undoubtedly important, it is equally essential to foster a love of learning that will last a lifetime. By focusing on finding a primary school that instils a joy of learning in its students.
Parents who look beyond primary school fees and find the best school for their child can set their children on a path towards academic success, personal fulfilment, and lifelong curiosity. This article will explore why parents should prioritise finding an international school that focuses on joy and passion for learning.
What is Joyful learning?
Instilling joy of learning in children is the process of fostering a love of learning that will last a lifetime. When a child enjoys learning, they are more motivated to engage in their education, resulting in better academic outcomes and a positive attitude towards schooling. There are several benefits to children when they are taught in an environment that prioritises joyful learning.
- Better Academic Outcomes: When children are happy and engaged in their education, they tend to perform better academically. A study published in the Journal of Educational Psychology found that students who enjoyed learning had higher levels of academic achievement, especially in subjects they found difficult.
- Improved Self-Esteem: When children feel successful in their academic pursuits, it boosts their self-esteem and confidence. This, in turn, encourages them to take on new challenges and continue to strive for success in all areas of their lives.
- Lifelong Learning: A joy of learning instilled in childhood can lead to a lifelong love of education. When children are taught to enjoy learning, they are more likely to continue learning throughout their lives, pursuing new interests and expanding their knowledge base.
- Creativity and Critical Thinking: Joy of learning environments foster creativity and critical thinking. When children are encouraged to think outside the box, they develop problem-solving skills that are valuable in all aspects of their lives.
- Positive Attitude: A joy of learning environment promotes a positive attitude towards school and education. When children are happy and engaged in their learning, they are more likely to view school as a fun and exciting place to be.
So, What Does It Mean To Instil Joy In Learning In Children?
It means creating an environment that fosters curiosity, creativity, and a love of knowledge. It means encouraging children to explore and discover the world around them, rather than simply memorising facts and figures. It means valuing the process of learning over the end result, and celebrating the journey rather than just the destination.
How Parents Can Instil The Joy Of Learning At Home?
Parents can encourage the joy of learning in their children by providing opportunities for exploration and discovery outside of school, such as trips to museums, science centres, and nature reserves. They can also encourage their children to pursue their interests and passions, even if they don’t align with traditional academic subjects. Parents can also seek out top international schools that prioritise joy of learning in their curriculum and teaching methods.
What Should They Look For While Finding The Right School?
Create a positive learning environment
Look for a school that has a classroom which has a welcoming and positive place where children feel safe to learn and explore. Check if the school has a comfortable and inviting learning environment with colourful posters, engaging books, and interactive activities.
Make learning fun
Look for schools that incorporate play-based activities, games, and hands-on learning opportunities to make learning more enjoyable and engaging. This can include educational games, experiments, field trips, and creative projects.
Encourage curiosity and exploration:
Find a school that fosters a sense of curiosity in children by encouraging them to ask questions and explore their surroundings. Check if teachers provide opportunities for students to investigate topics of interest and pursue their own learning goals.
Celebrate learning: Check if the school and teachers give credit and celebrate students’ achievements and progress, no matter how big or small as it can help build confidence and encourage a positive attitude towards learning.
School philosophy: Look for Schools in Nagpur that have a student-centred and holistic approach to education, where the emphasis is on nurturing the whole child rather than just academic achievement.
Curriculum: Consider schools that offer a balanced and diverse curriculum that includes art, music, physical education, and other extracurricular activities.
Teaching methods: Look for schools that use a variety of teaching methods to engage students, including play-based learning, inquiry-based learning, and project-based learning.
Teacher qualifications and experience: Seek out schools with highly qualified and experienced teachers who are passionate about teaching and dedicated to fostering a love of learning in their students.
Reviews and feedback: Read reviews and feedback from parents and students to get a sense of the school’s reputation and whether it is a good fit for your child