Essential Information About Wavlink AC1200 Extender
Do you know what is the use of the Wavlink AC1200 extender device? If your response is ‘NO’ then don’t worry. On this page, we will tell you all the basic/essential details about the Wavlink AC1200 extender device. So, study this entire page carefully.
What Is The Use Of Wavlink Extender?
The use of the Wavlink extender is to extend the range of the existing router WiFi signals range in less time. It is compatible with any type of existing router and modem. The Wavlink AC1200 extender is also called the other name of dual-band WiFi range extender.
Benefits Of Wavlink Extender Device
- Kick-off dead spot areas.
- Enjoy fast internet speed at every corner of your office and house.
- In less time, do the login and setup process of the Wavlink extender.
- Easily/quickly compatible with any type of host router.
- The Wavlink AC1200 extender device is very easy to handle or carry.
Unbox Wavlink AC1200 Extender Device
In this section, we tell you how to unbox the Wavlink AC1200 extender device.
- You get the Wavlink AC1200 extender device itself.
- Warranty card and a power adaptor.
- You also get the long ethernet cable, with the help of this cable you can easily connect the extender to the router.
Access Wavlink Extender Web Management Page
- First, take the WiFi-containing gadget such as a computer, laptop, PC, etc, and connect it to the Wavlink extender network.
- After that, open navigation on the WiFi-connected gadget and enter the default web address wifi.wavlink.com in the HTML bar.
- Now, fill in all the credentials shown on the web management page.
- Hence, the Wavlink extender login process is done now.
Note: If the above web portal wifi.wavlink.com not working properly then you can also use the default IP address 192.168.10.1 instead of the web portal.
By Pushing The WiFi Protected Setup Button
Note: When you connect your Wavlink AC1200 extender to the router with the WPS method, then make sure your host router must have the WPS button. If it doesn’t have a WPS button, then don’t waste your crucial time on this method. Try another method.
- Push the Wavlink AC1200 extender WPS button.
- After that, push the main/host router WPS button.
- Further, the solid blue LED starts blinking on both gadgets.
- As a result, it means your Wavlink AC1200 extender and router device are successfully linked with each other.
Manually Do AC1200 Extender Setup
- Initially, in the power socket settle the Wavlink AC1200 extender and power/turn it on.
- Settle both the extender and router gadget near each other, until the setup process of the Wavlink extender is complete.
- After that, take the WiFi gadget and connect it to the Wavlink AC1200 extender network.
- Next, visit the web management page.
- Then, look for the new extender setup page option.
- In the end, follow all the display instructions step by step, which show on the page.
With the help of these two methods, the Wavlink AC1200 setup process is completely done, without facing any type of issue. In case, you are facing an issue after the setup then consider the lower solution tips.
Relocate Wavlink Extender Placement
The halfway location of your office and house is the best placement to settle the Wavlink extender device. Also, make sure your Wavlink AC1200 wireless extender must be within the range of the router. The gap between both these gadgets should be minimum not maximum.
Verify All Wired Connection
Later try the above method, if the issue is not solved then try this method. Due to damaged cable, you can also face issues with your extender device. We suggest you look at all the cable connections, if you see any damaged wire then replace it with a new wire.
Upgrade Wavlink AC1200 Extender Software
Due to the outdated firmware of the Wavlink AC1200 device, your extender does not work properly. To solve the extender issue you will need to upgrade the extender firmware from time to time.
- Initially, visit or arrive at the web management page of the Wavlink extender device.
- Now, look for an administration option and then hit on the extender firmware upgrade option.
- After that, wait for a few minutes until the firmware file downloads on your computer or laptop.
Reset Wavlink AC1200 Extender Device
- In the beginning, look for the reset hole button on the Wavlink AC1200 extender device. (Reset hole button is mainly located at the back side of the extender device)
- Now, push that button with the help of a paper clip.
- After doing this all the Wavlink extender device LEDs will turn off.
- Thus, it means the Wavlink AC1200 extender device is now completely reset.
Note: After the reset, you will need to do the login and configuration process.
Tip: In case you are having another model number of Wavlink extenders such as Wavlink AC600 and you don’t know how to configure it. Then, you will need to visit the Wavlink AC600 setup page and consider all the display instructions step by step.
With the assistance of this page, you will learn a lot of information about the Wavlink extender devices such as its login, setup, and troubleshooting tips to fix the extender issues. If you want more updates on the Wavlink extender device, then you will need to stay closer to this page.